- Very rough while detangling. It was obvious that they did not like doing my kinky hair.
- Rude. Spoke in Spanish to each other while every client in the salon only spoke English.
- Old dirty products. I'm glad I brought my own!
- Loud Spanish music. For the cost, I thought the loud music was very unprofessional.
- Knew nothing about hair health. Gave no tips on how to maintain healthy kinky/curly hair and even told me to keep coming back so she could loosen my curls.
- They charge more depending on the length and texture of your hair. I had to pay double price.
- You don't know the price until they see and feel your hair.
- Quick. I was in and out in about an hour.
- No upselling. They didn't offer me any extra services. They didn't try to get extra money out of me.
- They allowed me to bring my own products for them to use.
- They gave me a trim and trimmed off only what was needed. (like a 1/4 inch all around)
- My hair came out beautiful! My hair has NEVER been this straight.
Would I go back? To this particular salon, no I will not. Though I went at the advisement of a friend, I don't think her experiences are much different than mine.
Here are the results:
Here is a comparison of my hair from November 2011- 8 months ago:
As for my hair length; I don't think I will concentrate on growing it any longer. I am fairly tall at 5'8-ish and this just feels like enough hair for me. My hair is right at the tip of waist-length.
After this salon visit, I am so thankful I can do my hair myself. If I had to deal with other people doing my hair often, I would cut it all off. I have had my hair professionally done twice while natural and neither of them seemed too pleased to deal with kinky/curly hair which resulted in them being way too rough.
Hope you like the pictures! Please be careful going to these salons guys, people can and will take advantage of you! I had to give the girl detangling my hair the "comb my hair hard again and see what I do to you" face more than once. I'd hate for any of you to think you have to let someone roughen up your hair to get a nice style, you don't.
Overall my hair is very healthy. The hair stylist even commented on the health of my hair and how I should keep it chemical free. I will admit, my hair is a lot healthier than I thought it was. She cut off very little and my hair feels awesome!